Do Christians overemphasize the hope of the future to the neglect of needs in the present?
Are discussions about the end times unimportant so long as we all “get to heaven” in the end?
In Coming Home, a team of eight leading Bible teachers offers us a vision of the new heaven and new earth that doesn’t just impact our view of the future--it also has the potential to change how we live today. These eight essays will stir up within us a longing for our future home as we eagerly await Jesus’s glorious return.
Preface by D. A. Carson
- Life and Prosperity, Death and Destruction
- The Shoot from Jesse, the Nations, and Israel
- The Lord Is There
D. A. Carson
- The Father’s Home, and the Way There
Augustus Nicodemus Lopes
- The Day of the Lord
1 Thessalonians 4:13?5:11
- The Resurrection and the Life
1 Corinthians 15:35?58
Voddie Baucham Jr.
- Living in the Hope of Liberation from Bondage
J. Ligon Duncan III
- A New Heaven and a New Earth
Philip Graham Ryken
Appendix: Biblical Foundations for Seeking God’s Justice in a Sinful
A Panel Discussion
Thabiti Anyabwile, Voddie Baucham Jr., D. A. Carson, Timothy Keller, Miguel Nunez, and John Piper