Liz Hoare's list of twelve great spiritual writers includes famous and lesser known women whose writings have touched her heart, illuminated her mind, and sharpened her spiritual vision.
Liz believes they can do the same for you - which is why she has written this book.
Each of these great writers - novelists, poets, preachers, philosophers and theologians - contributes something special to our understanding of the spiritual life today.
With key extracts from each writer's best-loved books, and with suggestions for personal reflection or group discussion, here is an exceptionally rich resource that you will want to return to time and time again, wherever you may be on your journey.
Kathleen Norris: Everyday mysteries
2. Alison Morgan: Following Jesus
3. Ann Lewin: Watching for the kingfisher
4. Sarah Clarkson: For the love of books
5. Annie Dillard: The world is charged with the grandeur of God
6. Margaret Guenther: Spiritual midwifery
7. Margaret Magdalen: Avoiding mediocrity
8. Benedicta Ward: With all the saints
9. Marilynne Robinson: The givenness of things
10. Barbara Brown Taylor: Struggling with church
11. Ann Lamott: Life in forgiveness school
12. Mary Oliver: Listening convivially to the world